Monday, October 22, 2007

The Identity of a Nation...

Those of you who know me, know how much of a Boston Red Sox fan I am. I watch over 100 games in the regular season, and have seen all the games in the post season thus far. Last nights win to send the Red Sox to the World Series was awesome. It was 11:54 PM with Papelbon on the mound and shutting down the Tribe, with some help from Coco Crisp slamming into the same wall Johnny Damon did to make the game ending catch.

So to those of us who are part of the Red Sox Nation, we don't need identity cards, biometrics, or poorly designed provisioning processes to help us define who we are. We know. And we know we actually have a shot at taking the World Series this year.

I am proud to say that if the Red Sox puu it out, there will be 4 generations of Red Sox fans who have seen them win twice (my Grandmother, who passed away after the 04 win and meeting her great grand-daughter, my dad and uncle, me, and my son) in their lifetime. The profoundness of that statement has me reaching for a box of Kleenex.

GO SOX!!!!!!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Kearns said...

Fortunately it was only 8:54 here on the west coast, Mark. But it was still sweet!

I went to my first game at Fenway in 1949. So you know how long I had to wait. And now it's happening again!

It would have been a bit sweeter if we'd taken out the Yankees again, but the win is the important thing.

Go Sox!

-dave

Monday, October 22, 2007 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home